The Swiss Intensive Care Medicine Foundation was launched in 2021 by the Swiss Society of Intensive Care Medicine (SGI - SSICM).
Swiss Society of Intensive Care Medicine (SGI - SSICM)
The SGI (SSICM) is an inter-professional association with members from the medical and nursing professions. Since its foundation in 1972 it has promoted high-quality intensive care medicine that focuses on people and that is compassionate, sustainable as well as visible and understandable to the population.
The SGI is committed to
- Intensive care units that focus on the safety and wellbeing of patients and their families.
- Regard for the wellbeing of patients and their families.
- Active involvement of patients and their families in treatment decisions.
- Maintaining the quality of life after intensive care treatment, for patients, their families and our treatment teams.
- Intensive care units that are always open for family visits.
- Empathetic, respectful end-of-life care.
- A healthy, stimulating and friendly working environment for the treatment teams.
- Efficient communication within treatment teams and the society.
- Research and development projects in the field of patient-centred intensive care medicine in Switzerland.
Further information about the Swiss Society of Intensive Care Medicine (SGI - SSICM) can be found here.