The Swiss Intensive Care Medicine Foundation was launched in 2021 by the Swiss Society of Intensive Care Medicine (SSICM).
Swiss Society of Intensive Care Medicine (SSICM)
The SSICM is an inter-professional association with members from the medical and nursing professions. Since its foundation in 1972 it has promoted high-quality intensive care medicine that focuses on people and that is compassionate, sustainable as well as visible and understandable to the population.
The SGI is committed to
- Intensive care units that focus on the safety and wellbeing of patients and their families.
- Regard for the wellbeing of patients and their families.
- Active involvement of patients and their families in treatment decisions.
- Maintaining the quality of life after intensive care treatment, for patients, their families and our treatment teams.
- Intensive care units that are always open for family visits.
- Empathetic, respectful end-of-life care.
- A healthy, stimulating and friendly working environment for the treatment teams.
- Efficient communication within treatment teams and the society.
- Research and development projects in the field of patient-centred intensive care medicine in Switzerland.
Further information about the Swiss Society of Intensive Care Medicine (SSICM) can be found here.